Secret Santa - christmas competition for forum members ...

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Secret Santa - christmas competition for forum members ...

Post by glasgowjim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:50 am

A competition for UK + Eire members :

For the best reply which makes sense but has as many film titles in the text as possible.

to get an idea of what I am talking about lok at my reply to the "Heater ?" topic.

Secret prize sent out after Christmas.

Oh a bonus point if you can get bearbox(es) into the reply :rofl:

No XXX answers keep it clean! :lol:

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Random... But creative...

pol

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:50 pm

damn I thought there would 300 replies by now :lol:

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:57 pm

lol, I cant think of anything clever to say :rofl:
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

David
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by David » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

I thought this would be gone in sixty seconds...a secret santa present would be the perfect anitdote to my nightmare before xmas. Short circuit 1 was bad enough, but short circuit 2 and 3 has really scared me into thinking it's halloween. I have a fear and trembling that soon it won't be long before I'm asking - Dude,where's my car?!

gltease
480 Veteran

Post by gltease » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Ahhh damn it, my kettle broke tonight, had fixed four times already.. Left it in for repair and repair guy said that will be the Fifth element youve had fitted... Anyway i left and had to get Abyss home as the 480 was broken down again, and it was about to rain man... Walked the 39 steps to the bus stop waited a while and this lady wanted me to inspector gadget for 20 quid I said no way,, moved back a few steps as I was innerspace... Anyway the bus arrived and I got off at Chinatown and felt a bit peckish, hmmm I fancy some Duck Soup, I said. Walked into the restaurant and was greeted by a very odd waiter he looked a bit of a Psycho, well I finshed my meal, and headed off home... later on I called the Volvo dealership and asked how long it would take to fix the dodgy idle, service guy said 9 and a half weeks, what ?? Yeah, he said and the puddle of green water on your floor is caused by The Matrix. OK I said go ahead and sort it out, to be honest I felt a bit of a wall-e, but I need my car.
Last edited by gltease on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'88 Volvo 480 ES
'97 Volvo 940 Turbo

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:55 pm

esta your a woman what do you expect miracles if so why dont you live on 34th street)! :rofl:
If lula breaks down again I guess you will be going home alone.

@david like it still you know what they say someone else whining about 480 ness is a scream and if you need a spare part then it is the sound of music to my ears.

or could it be you dont need the mechanic but the exorcist .
Still if it offers a quantum of solace you will get here in the end.

:lol:

can anyone beat gltease :kill:

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:25 pm

@ glasgowjim, if you keep being cheeky about us little women you will be pushing up daises!

Other than this, I have had a perfect day. My super bitching muscle car has covered what seems like 3000 milesduring my perfect journeyto meet the parents at their new house.

Today I also spotted another 480 fan in some place new that I have never driven before! What a day!

^^ Ha! There we go glasgowjim!! All legit films from 1914 to present day! :P ;)

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:35 pm

Sorry esta you are a godsendto the forum I know its the worst case scenario but please dont sink your teeth into me. I guess I cry wolf to often but does that make me the black sheep of the forum . I dont want to make the descent into the grindhouse cos that would make it a black christmas for me so dont make the reckoning on me but leave me with a pulse and let me slither off into the fog .
Please esta lets bury the hatchet and maybe we will meet 28weeks laer at the annual 480 summer meeting.

ps I really think lula is a killer car is her second name christine

:kill: or is it really the end of days for me

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 pm

scores so far
me 16
gltease 14 but best storyline
esta 10
david 7

ps I AM disqualified as cant win my ownm secret santa

where are the rest of you then :angry:

Ettore Bugatti
480 Is my middle name

Post by Ettore Bugatti » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:07 am

Wastegate material! :lol:
Volvo 480 ES, chassis 283, dec 1999-aug 2005
Nissan Micra 1.0 Nismo, feb 2006-
Rover Mini 1000, june 2009-
Peugeot 106 1.4 Roland Garros, oct 2011-

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:28 am

dont you mean watergate material ;)

gltease
480 Veteran

Post by gltease » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 am

Watergate, what a Scandal
'88 Volvo 480 ES
'97 Volvo 940 Turbo

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Im loosing hope of winning this competition! Looks like I've been shown up!

I feel like I am starring in a countdown to christmas, one 480 yesterday and twice two today! What a schock! Perhaps I will spot a whole three tomorrow? I should be so lucky!

Perhaps I should stick to the working title and talk christmas? if so who thinks that the santa clause will be visiting them this year? My final problem is that this year I will be staying up with the boyfriend and his house has no chimney!! :eek: Where is father christmas supposed to go?!?! I have been told that he can use the doors, but thats not in the tradition of my family!

All I can say is I am a grateful dawg as I couldn't have got half of these film titles without the internet!.

So does this awful midnight ramble make me a winner? ;)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:36 pm

wowser the lady has 23 but no bearboxes

the best so fr bu can we tempt cerby out of hiding for this one :badmood:

gltease
480 Veteran

Post by gltease » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:54 pm

esta wrote:Im loosing hope of winning this competition! Looks like I've been shown up!

I feel like I am starring in a countdown to christmas, one 480 yesterday and twice two today! What a schock! Perhaps I will spot a whole three tomorrow? I should be so lucky!

Perhaps I should stick to the working title and talk christmas? if so who thinks that the santa clause will be visiting them this year? My final problem is that this year I will be staying up with the boyfriend and his house has no chimney!! :eek: Where is father christmas supposed to go?!?! I have been told that he can use the doors, but thats not in the tradition of my family!

All I can say is I am a grateful dawg as I couldn't have got half of these film titles without the internet!.

So does this awful midnight ramble make me a winner? ;)
Wow esta, have you been on a creative writing course ??
'88 Volvo 480 ES
'97 Volvo 940 Turbo

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:03 pm

gltease wrote:
Wow esta, have you been on a creative writing course ??
:rofl: Just dont like being beat by lads! ;)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

gltease
480 Veteran

Post by gltease » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Esta I don’t think you have been beat, you are doing OK but Hellboy I’d like to try and beat that, Maybe you could dye your hair red and create some Artificial Intelligence , and then you could kick my ass tonight, or maybe The Day After Tomorrow.

So today I went Shopping for toys for my Niece and Nephew, but I don’t want to rant as no one likes a Toy Story, but I did spot a big fluffy teddy in the nicest Teddy BearBox, Well it was running late and I was stuck in Traffic, and hoping the 480 would not Heat up too much, although I was nearly home and with that being my Final Destination I wasn’t too concerned about It. As I was slowly driving I drove past the Hostel near the Bus Stop I Saw the girl from yesterday and she was annoying another poor guy, she is a bit of a sexual Predator, and hangs around there 24 Hours a day.
Later on when I got home the Celeb was filthy dirty I gave it a quick wash and wax, looked at It in the glistening sun and my eyes hurt was likely The Shining from using too much wax., had a quick look at my watch and it was almost Seven, way too late to be outside messing with my car as I had a Blind Date with a hot chick, had A Close Shave with a new razor Blade, got dressed and off to meet her I was I a good mood so we just watched a Chick Flick.

We stopped outside her house I put my arm around her and asked for a kiss, she said no, I have Never Been Kissed and declined, fair enough I though and she walked in to her Big Mamas House.
I was still on a bit of a high so I went to Meet Joe Black he’s a friend of mine from work, we played pool had a drink, joked About a Boy that was trying to steal money from the poker machine that was in the corner of the room, we were talking about life, death that sort of thing he asked how I would like to Die, I said I’d like to Die Hard, he laughed and said me, I’d like to Die Hard 2. We played pool and drank into the wee small hours and ended up in a café a real Grease pit, but I was starving and had The Breakfast Club sandwich. We both ate up walked home and here I am…….
'88 Volvo 480 ES
'97 Volvo 940 Turbo

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:24 am

WOW 25 + a bearbox and a storyline impressive

actually it is 26 gltease didnt embolden the word SAW
Last edited by glasgowjim on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:50 pm

I guess this is a war between me, myself and i and gltease!

It seems that true stories don't seem to matter so lets see what fairytale can be knocked up over the next 15 minutes!

I was on a road trip earlier on this year with my new best friend Tom, who was actually employee of the month only last June, and we came across a really small village in the middle of nowhere. At first I wasnt going to pull over but Tom insisted he wanted to see the dentist so we pulled into the heavy metal parking lot where we were greeted by an old man who introduced himself as the godfather. We accepted his welcome but told him why we were here. He said that all the best laid plans fell through, but since he needed to see the dentist 2 then he would take us to him now. I thought he had taken us the long way round as the trip seemed to go on for 3000 miles, but eventually we saw what looked like a house on haunted hill. The old man told us "why worry? If you have been having check ups every nine months there should be no reason to pull teeth.

We got to the top of notting hill and began knocking on deaths door. Tom was shaking all over as we heard loud thundery footsteps approach us. The door was pulled open and Buddy the Dentist stood there with his laughing gas...

To be continued...

www.projectjaguar.co.uk