Just had this email...

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Just had this email...

Post by Roo » Sun May 22, 2005 1:25 am

Should I reply??!!!! :lol:
Dear,

I am contacting you with reason that we are going to
be of a great use to each other

My name is Prince George Sanoussi, I am the first son
of Late Zainoul Abidine Sanoussi. Untill his death, my
father was the former foreign Affairs Minister of my
country (Guinea-Conakry).

Before I go into further details please be informed
that I am writing without any other person`s
pre-knowledge of my contacting you, Therefore I will
appreciate same attitude to be maintained all through

Days before the death of my father he revealed to me
about a deposit of a trunk box which he deposted with
my name in a private security company in Accra, Ghana
for security reasons, although he registered the
contents as precious stones but the real content of
these trunk box is fhe sum of USD18M (Eighteen Million
United States of American Dollars) which was his share
from a secret sale of Diamond when he was in the
office, he could not deposit this funds in a financial
institution for fears of the funds being confiscated.

After the burial of my father, I made frantic effort
on the best way to handle this money. I sought advice
from an attorney who advised that I must seek for a
trustworthy foreign business partner.

However, I sincerely ask for your assistance to get
this Funds out of this country, and your share for
assisting us will be 15% of the total sum, 5% will be
use for upsetting all the expenses incurred in the
course of concluding this venture and the
remaining 80% that will be for me and my family

The consignment will be released within seven 7 days
of my being in receipt of your reply
and I want to assure you that
this transaction is 100% risk free

In case you have any question do not hesitate to
contact me as I wait for your swift and favourable
response to my email

Best Regards

Prince George Sanoussi

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Sun May 22, 2005 1:43 am

Roo, Woulld you like Eighteen Million
United States of American Dollars? That's USD18M which was left in a trunk by Prince George's old dad!

Are you a trustworthy foreign business partner?

If yes then your welcome to some free cash! After all you are a guy on the internet who the prince does not know!

:rofl: What a load of old shit!!
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

welsh-dragon
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by welsh-dragon » Sun May 22, 2005 1:58 am

Roo,
It's a wind-up; see them regularly.
Best thing to do is forget you ever saw it.
'08 Mazda 6 Sport
480 Celebration-37k....SOLD
1996 Volvo 850R estate

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Sun May 22, 2005 7:24 am

every person on the internet must have seen these emails by now. They just don't give up :lol:

Ad

2001 V70

coyote1980
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by coyote1980 » Sun May 22, 2005 8:26 am

They're most often from Nigerian-origin. Eventually they will ask you to make a (small) deposit on their account 'just to see they can trust you'... After that you will never hear from them.

People doing this deserve to be :kill: just for polluting my mailbox!! :angry:
Daniël Wilten
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection 1995 Dark Green Metallic
Club Europe chairman/webmaster/forum admin

radionapper
Started learning about 480

Post by radionapper » Sun May 22, 2005 8:29 am

Email back saying you're in but you want a 90% cut! I did it and they said "yeah sure". So I replied and said "must be a scam then". :D
Red Celebration 2.0 - Lots of miles (and trouble) but never a dull day!

www.radionapper.co.uk/volvo480

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Sun May 22, 2005 8:50 am

of course Roo know's it's all bull!
Audi TT

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Sun May 22, 2005 9:13 am

My father used to deal with nigeria a lot 10-15 years ago, and so back then a lot of these people got hold of his fax number. Used to get a lot of these things and collected them...has a great big folder of them somehwere.
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

radionapper

Post by radionapper » Sun May 22, 2005 9:22 am

I fish these things out of our spam system all the time at work. Sometimes you find them with an attachment of a palace and a picture of the guy! As if that makes it any more believable.
Red Celebration 2.0 - Lots of miles (and trouble) but never a dull day!

www.radionapper.co.uk/volvo480

deviliShred480
480 Rookie

Post by deviliShred480 » Sun May 22, 2005 3:15 pm

abc
Last edited by deviliShred480 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baffler

Post by Baffler » Sun May 22, 2005 3:47 pm

Just for you Devilishred480:......excuse the foul language folks. Baffler

Hello, my name is Michael Evans. I am suffering from rare and deadly diseases, poor scores on final exams, fear of being kidnapped and executed by anal electrocution, and guilt for not forwarding out 50 billion fucking chain letters sent to me by people who actually believe that if you send them on, then that poor 6 year old girl in Arkansas with a breast on her forehead will be able to raise enough money to have it removed before her redneck parents sell her off to the travelling freak show. Do you honestly believe that Bill Gates is going to give you and everyone you send "his" email to, $1000? How stupid are you? Ooooh, looky here! If I scroll down this page and make a wish, I'll get laid by every Playboy model in the magazine! What a bunch of bullshit. So basically, this message is a big FUCK YOU to all the people out there who have nothing better to do than to send me stupid chain mail forwards.
>
> Maybe the evil chain letter leprechauns will come into my apartment and sodomize me in my sleep for not continuing the chain which was started by Jesus in 5 A.D. and was brought to this country by midget pilgrims on the Mayflower and if it makes it to the year 2000, it'll be in the Guinness Book of World Records for longest continuous streak of blatant stupidity. Fuck them.
>
> If you're going to forward something, at least send me something mildly amusing. I've seen all the "send this to 50 of your closest friends, and this poor, wretched excuse for a human being will somehow receive a nickel from some omniscient being" forwards about 90 times. I don't fucking care. Show a little intelligence and think about what you're actually contributing to by sending out forwards. Chances are it's your own unpopularity.
>
> THE FOUR BASIC TYPES OF CHAIN LETTERS:
> >Chain Letter Type 1:
> >> (scroll down)
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Make a wish!!!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> No, really, go on and make one!!!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Oh please, they'll never go out with you!!!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Wish something else!!!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Not that, you pervert!!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Is your finger getting tired yet?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>STOP!!!!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
> Wasn't that fun? :)
>
> Hope you made a great wish :)
>
> Now, to make you feel guilty, here's what I'll do. First of all, if you don't send this to 5096 people in the next 5 seconds, you will be raped by a mad goat and thrown off a high building into a pile of pig manure. It's true! Because, THIS letter isn't like all of those fake ones, THIS one is TRUE!! Really!!! Here's how it goes:
>
> *Send this to 1 person: One person will be pissed off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter.
>
> *Send this to 2-5 people: 2-5 people will be pissed off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter.
>
> *Send this to 5-10 people: 5-10 people will be pissed off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter, and may form a plot on your life.
>
> *Send this to 10-20 people: 10-20 people will be pissed off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter and will napalm your house.
>
> Thanks!!!! Good Luck!!!
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chain Letter Type 2
>
> Hello, and thank you for reading this letter. You see, there is a starving little boy in Baklaliviatatlaglooshen who has no arms, no legs, no parents, and no goats. This little boy's life could be saved, because for every time you pass this on, a dollar will be> donated to the Little Starving Legless Armless Goatless Boy from Baklaliviatatlaglooshen Fund. Oh, and remember, we have absolutely no way of counting the emails sent and this is all a complete load of bullshit. So go on, reach out. Send this to 5 people in the next 47 seconds. Oh, and a reminder - if you accidentally send this to 4 or 6 people, you will die instantly.
>
> Thanks again!!
>
>
> Chain Letter Type 3
>
> Hi there!! This chain letter has been in existence since 1897. This is absolutely incredible because there was no email then and probably not as many sad pricks with nothing better to do. So this is how it works: Pass this on to 15,067 people in the next 7 minutes or something horrible will happen to you like:
>
> *Bizarre Horror Story #1
>
> Miranda Pinsley was walking home from school on Saturday. She had recently received this letter and ignored it. She then tripped in a crack in the sidewalk, fell into the sewer, was gushed down a drainpipe in a flood of poopie, and went flying out over a waterfall. Not only did she smell nasty, she died. This Could Happen To You!!!
>
> *Bizarre Horror Story #2
>
> Dexter Bip, a 13 year old boy, got a chain letter in his mail and ignored it. Later that day, he was hit by a car and so was his boyfriend (hey, some people swing that way). They both died and went to hell and were cursed to eat adorable kittens every day for eternity. This Could Happen To You Too!!!
>
> Remember, you could end up just like Pinsley and Bip. Just send this letter to all of your loser friends, and everything will be okay.
>
>
> Chain Letter Type 4:
>
> As if you care, here is a poem that I wrote. Send it to every one of your friends.
>
> ~*Friends*~
>
> A friend is someone who is always at your side,
> A friend is someone who likes you even though you stink of shit, and your breath smells like you've been eating catfood,
> A friend is someone who likes you even though you're as ugly as a hat full of assholes,
> A friend is someone who cleans up for you after you've soiled yourself,
> A friend is someone who stays with you all night while you cry about your sad, sad life,
> A friend is someone who pretends they like you when they really think you should be raped by mad goats, then thrown to vicious dogs,
> A friend is someone who scrubs your toilet, vacuums and then gets the check and leaves and doesn't speak much English... -no, sorry that's the cleaning lady,
> A friend is not someone who sends you chain letters because he wants his wish of being rich to come true.
>
> Now pass this on! If you don't, you'll never have sex ever again.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> The point being?
>
> If you get some chain letter that's threatening to leave you shagless or luckless for the rest of your life, delete it. If it's funny, send it on.
>
> Don't piss people off by making them feel guilty about a leper in Botswana with no teeth, who's been tied to a dead elephant for 27 years, whose only saviour is the 5 cents per letter he'll receive if you forward this mail, otherwise you'll end up like Miranda. Right?
>
> Now forward this to everyone you know otherwise you'll find your balls missing tomorrow morning.
>
>
>
Liam...

'96 854 TDI SE - D5252T
'98 S40 TD CD - D4192T
'03 S40 1.9D Sport - D4192T3
'88 480 ES, '90 480 Turbo, 91 480 ES...sold :(

Murf

Post by Murf » Sun May 22, 2005 9:11 pm

i say go for it andrew, think of all the shiny turbo bits you can get for $18M !!! :D :D :D
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

corker!!!!!

Post by catgroom » Sun May 22, 2005 9:53 pm

Baffler thats a fucking corker matey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Mon May 23, 2005 8:45 am

martinholmesuk wrote:of course Roo know's it's all bull!
Yes just want to confirm that!! i know its a total scam, just type the guys name in google and see what you get!.

its a shame some people fall for stuff like this.

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Mon May 23, 2005 8:47 am

Murf wrote:i say go for it andrew, think of all the shiny turbo bits you can get for $18M !!! :D :D :D
and non shiney bits! i was adjusting the handbrake yesterday ready for the MOT and noticed an exhaust rubber hanging on by a thread.

bet i still wouldn't be able to get an original turbo kit though! :lol:

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:45 pm

Code: Select all

HSBC Bank PLC Moore Stephens Warwick Lane   (H.S.B.C.   BANK PLC)
File Ref: H.S.B.C/006/WT
Total No: Pages= cover +01 
Tel:447040104107,447075055815                                                       
 EMAIL:hsbcbank@mail2bank.com
London EC4P 4BN HSBC Bank PLC
27/32 Poultry London EC2P 2BX
FSA, United Kingdom
If you do not receive all pages, please call us immediately.

Chairman of London-based banking giant H.S.B.C Holdings PLC.
To:BENEFICIARY,

RE- PART PAYMENT OF $10 MILLION USD APPROVED.

This is meant for the payment from our ordering customer Federal Government of Nigeria for the
further Credit to your bank account. With all due respect our bank has obliged to credit your
account with instruction quoting reference payment code which the Federal Government of Nigeria
uses to encode their consolidated crude oil reserved account with us and this is as per
agreement existing between this bank, World Bank, International Monetary Fund and the Federal
Government of Nigeria.

In line with LONDON Financial and allied conduct, your account will be credited as soon as you
reconcile the 0.2% handling charges or you may advise us to deduct the total value and transfer
the balance to your account.

Should you be willing to accept deduction, our bank is thereby urging you to, as a matter of
urgency to call or contact the office of the Deputy assistance Governor Central Bank of Nigeria
MR TUNDE LEMO for brief and please request him to issue the Deduction Clearance Certificate to
you which will be legally endorsed by you as the beneficiary to enable us have the legitimate
right to deduct 0.2% as handling charges from your principle amount.

Please be warned as our bank will not tolerate any second party involvement or Nigeria local
representatives, you are advise as a matter of urgency to call or contact the office of the
Deputy Governor Central Bank of Nigeria MR TUNDE LEMO on 234-1-7904235or Email to
(lemotunde001@yahoo.com) for brief on the modalities of how you will be paid and to give
attention to any of this instruction due to irregularities involved in the activities of
Nigerian Banks and it’s officials.  Prior to our banking regulations, final credit shall be made
to your account upon receipt of 0.2%-handling charges or the Deduction Clearance Certificate.

Yours faithfully,  
Sir JOHN  BOND
Chairman of London-based banking giant H.S.B.C Holdings PLC
The Deputy Governor Central Bank of Nigeria MR TUNDE LEMO uses a yahoo account :rofl:
Audi TT