Probably the most powerful anti speeding ad you'll ever see

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Re: Probably the most powerful anti speeding ad you'll ever see

Post by chris1roll » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Yes, my 14 month old company car.

It was quite nice.

I had grown quite attached to it over the last 36,000 miles.

Still, if they write it off I get to choose a new one.
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:33 pm

I do like modern Skodas, of course they are really VWs.

What will you get if they do write it off?

2001 V70

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 pm

When parked next to my bosses Passat, you really can see the similarity - the switchgear is exactly the same, the stereo was identical.

As for what might replace it if it is totally knacked, It depends what is on 'the list' this time, I had 21 models in various trim levels to choose from last time (all diesel), but some of them you really wouldn't want to do my kind of mileage in. The Octavia just snuck in under the price limit in "classic" guise, still had air con,heated mirrors, electric windows etc, but steel wheels and a few less chromed bits of interior trim. No cruise control either, which I could do with really.

TBH if the Octavia is still on the list I might well have another, butI think they have stopped doing the classic now, I might consider the Fabia, you get more toys with it - cruise, trip computer etc...

At the moment I am in a 59 plate 1.6CRDi Kia Ceed hire car, which is OK, lots of toys, but the interior is a bit plasticcy - door pockets look really flimsy - and it is no-where near as comfortable as the Skoda, and every time I sit in the drivers seat the lumbar support goes "boinggg" and releases to the softest setting. Not that great on a car thats only got 5,500 miles on it.

The Octavia in that 36k It was serviced once at 19k (it would be due in about another 1k), a set of front tyres at 22.5k, and about 2.5litres of oil for topping up. spent the least amount of time in the garage of any car I have ever owned.
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto