Selling my Celebration perhaps!!?

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Roge1
Started learning about 480

Selling my Celebration perhaps!!?

Post by Roge1 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:03 pm

:wink:

Hey all,

Looking to gauge interest in my Celebration, as I 'may' have to sell to make space for the used S40 I'm hoping to buy (recent period of redundancy has forced my hand).

She's a manual 2.0Ltr Flame Red Celebration model (can never remember which no, but can check once I get home), currently taxed and MOTd (though these expire within the next couple months), with just over 142k miles 'on the clock'.

Over the past 3 years I've spent a good bit of cash getting her back to a decent road worthy condition - light clusters front and back (front all new, back were second hand), brakes, battery, filters and electrics have all been replaced along with smaller items such as driver's door inserts and pocket, heater controller knob and plastic panel screws, etc. I have installed a non-Volvo CD Unit (face off type for security) and a Volvo Volt Meter gauge cluster, plus she has been treated to a respray (albeit a cheapish one) so the usual dings, scrapes and rusty arches are all gone.

She currently wears Wolfrace alloys and new tyres, though I would be selling her with the original celebration alloys (c/w tyres with plenty of tread) plus a set of ex-440 alloys that were bought to put on whilst the originals were refurbed (unfortunately I never got round to it!).

Haynes manual (light usage) would also be supplied with the car.

All in all, not the best, but still a real head-turner that has plenty of years left in her. All in I reckon she has had a good couple grand spent to bring her to the current level, though I fully appreciate this is labour of love money I'll never get back!

Thoughts, questions (suggestions of value) appreciated.

Thanks

Roge1

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 pm

good point there are not many 480s for sale north of border at any time so that adds value.

A recent 480 2tone in maryhill north glasgow went for over 475 with no bother last week

and one maroon gt went for over 460 on at the start of august .

esta is looking for about 850 for hers just now.

good luck jim.

Quagmire_GT

Post by Quagmire_GT » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 pm

wonder what ill get for my GT down in merseyside :(
M*** PRA, 96 GT Maroon owned
K*** TBJ, Donor 2.0l 2 tone
Pictures: http://s806.photobucket.com/albums/yy344/quagmire_GT

I MANAGED TO STRAP A CARDBOARD BOX TO A LAWNMOWER AND GET THE DVLA TO REGISTER IT, NOW LETS SEE WHO WILL BUY ANYCAR.COM!!

chriskay
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chriskay » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Quagmire_GT wrote:wonder what ill get for my GT down in merseyside :(
More if it's on wheels than if the local scallys have left it on bricks ;)
2 Kings; Chapter 9 Verse 20

Quagmire_GT

Post by Quagmire_GT » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:17 pm

hahahaha see iam laughing, merseyside doesnt mean liverpool though :wink:
M*** PRA, 96 GT Maroon owned
K*** TBJ, Donor 2.0l 2 tone
Pictures: http://s806.photobucket.com/albums/yy344/quagmire_GT

I MANAGED TO STRAP A CARDBOARD BOX TO A LAWNMOWER AND GET THE DVLA TO REGISTER IT, NOW LETS SEE WHO WILL BUY ANYCAR.COM!!

chriskay
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chriskay » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Point taken. I can never think of St.Helens as Merseyside anyway. :wink:
2 Kings; Chapter 9 Verse 20