FOR SALE - Celeb 2-litre Auto

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Mike
Started learning about 480

FOR SALE - Celeb 2-litre Auto

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Reluctantly I am going to have to sell my Celeb :cry:
This is the ex Richmann1 car which I bought from him last year - see his for sale details of Aug 9, 2007 (I don't seem to have much luck adding pictures to my posts, but can email some to anyone interested).
I had expected to be using it only occasionally, perhaps a couple of days per week, but circumstances change, and it is now doing 50+ miles per day, seven days a week. Without the opportunity to keep on top of the maintenance, it will soon start to go down hill....
There are already a number of issues which need attending to, but I just don't have the time: the fuel gauge only ever shows a 2 bar reading; it probably only needs recalibrating, but I have adapted by resetting the trip and working off the ave consumption reading (the rest of the info centre works fine), the passenger's door lock and the rear hatch lock won't work with the key - I have a set of matching locks to fit, but no time... The aircon still needs recharging, I was going to do that in the spring, and now the water pump has started to chatter on start-up (replacement unit included, but again no time to fit!)
Otherwise it is much as Richard's photos show - nice Cetus wheels, the best colour - Dark Grey, nice leather interior with roller parcel cover, etc., one owner before Richard. MOT due beginning of August, taxed to end of March. Mileage 138,000 and climbing!
Price £650
Help to save it from being driven into the ground!
pm me for more details

480 Tatey
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by 480 Tatey » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:18 pm

My dad owned that car from new before Richard had it! I'd of had it off you if you were selling a couple of weeks back! Have many happy family memories of that 480! :cryhard:
Volvo 480 Celebration 19/480 now sold. Gutted.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/Tateys480/

Mike
Started learning about 480

Post by Mike » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:59 am

Update: Speedo has now packed up, and since I was relying on that to keep track of my mileage to monitor the fuel consumption, I am now going to take it off the road. It is taxed to the end of the month (March). If anyone wants to drive it home and tinker with it, the price is now £450, and you've got till the end of the month, otherwise it will be on SORN.
Then my options are to park it up until I have time to play with it, break it for spares, or try the dreaded fleabay.
It deserves better than this...!!!

kev
480 Rookie

Post by kev » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Hope you sell for a decent price on E-bay Mike.
[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/aelhead/480-1.jpg[/img]

Richmann1
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by Richmann1 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 am

Hi Mike

With the speedo there is a wire from the gearbox that goes over the top of the gearbox and under the airfilter there was a split in the cable so i soldered it together could be worth checking.

Rich :D
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection no 329/480.