When Sophie met Océane

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Sophie
480 Is my middle name

When Sophie met Océane

Post by Sophie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi guys, just thought it was time to tell you about my 480...

No need to tell you why i'm a volvo driver, just read the car of the month here

Anyway, in october 2005, I met Océane, Graphite Grey 1988 480 Turbo. I was love at 1st sight, I knew that whatever happened, I'd never let her go.
We covered 40 000km together in a year, but her misfire problems were getting worse, and being a student, I was limited to basic oil changes etc, so things like shockers were getting dangerous, so she had to stop, and was put away for a few months.

In the garage she sat, and I thought no, this can't go on, she's gotta go. So put her for sale on the french 480 forum, local newspapers, hoping to find someone to love her.
On the 22nd of march, I took her out, was my best mates birthday, and didn't think that she'd like being taken out in the citroen AX...I mean, would you ?!
Off we went to La Rochelle, for a good night out on the town. At 2am, the pub we were in at the time closed and we all sat outside chatting. A guy came up to my mate, and said something to her, making her go mad and suggested to the guy to F*** off... Next second, she had a large knife stuck against her throat... We managed to fight the bloke off, and locked her in Océane. The guy came up and started to try to prise the doors open, and once her saw he wouldn't get in, he kicked Oceane, and walked off... Went to the Police who managed to catch the guy, went through all the procedures, and went home... Now still waiting for the guy to go to court, and get money to fix Oceane...

So with a totally battered 480, I couldn't expect to sell her, even in parts, as I wouldn't get anything out of it, and would be too painful to take her apart.

Since then she's been in the garage, the misfire has made her impossible to drive, and she's really not presentable at all.

So here I am, with a car that I can't drive. And pennyless.

Thanks to my dad, I've got a Vase Green turbo and the AX to run around, and the MR2 for special outings. But it's not quite the same. :cry:

There we go for the bad bits :cry:
480 Turbo > 1989 Graphite Grey
MR2 MK1 > 1989...
[img]http://membres.lycos.fr/cosworth/la_team-bordelaise/Sophie.gif[/img]