Sheer Stupidity

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Richmann1
Advanced 480 rookie

Sheer Stupidity

Post by Richmann1 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Thought it was about time i put a post on here as i was feeling left out. I got my first 480 Turbo when i was 17 i was driving a Fiat panda i was at the car auction in Aberdeen and a 91 grey trey turbo that was quite tidy so stuck a bid in and won it :hopping: . Got it home and got insurance at £1900 :cryhard: but i thought it was worth it any way had it for a while and got talked into buying a brand new fiesta :kill: (sheer Stupidity) so traded it in. Anyway with in 6 months i was sick of it so got rid and bought a nice red 91 turbo
So got it all sorted and running well but i wanted leather for it so i went and bought a 88 es for the leather interior swapped them over and sold it for a profit :D free leather :wink: .Then i bought an 89 turbo for a project but it got done over in Aberdeen alloys nicked windows put in etc so afraid that went to the 480 graveyard. A year or so later was seduced by a v6 so the volvo went :cryhard: shame as it was a very tidy good example.
Then moved down to Cambridge and got a company car so wanted a weekend toy but i wanted a celebration but i couldnt live without a turbo so was waying up the options, when Catgroom put a post on about a collection turbo in wales with a snapped cambelt so jumped in the car and bought it it was a wreck when i got it but had no rust.
Anyway got it home after a few interesting problems but save that for later :) as im getting sore fingers so will update later

Rich :D
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection no 329/480.