I heart our 480 - and I heart this forum

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

ace_basement
480 Newbie

I heart our 480 - and I heart this forum

Post by ace_basement » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Feeling a little emotional tonight... have been spending some of my Easter break doing long awaited jobs in the luxury of a driveway (having to dodge traffic in our narrow London street and keep an eye on my tools isn't much of an inducement to get under the bonnet).

It's just over 2 years since we bought ours, a 94 turbo which we found through the forum, and it's been a brilliant time. We use public transport day to day, and the car's generally only used for for having proper fun (camping trips, day trips out of town, big holidays etc) which really changes your relationship with it. Having a good, cheap reliable car has properly improved our lives (our last vehicle was a 1980 VW T25 which was an absolute money pit and a constant source of stress) and so far we've hardly spent anything on it: a precautionary cambelt change when we first got it and now a couple of MOT advisory things which I'm doing myself thanks to advice and guidance on here.

It's a brilliant car to own, and I've really enjoyed getting my hands dirty to prolong our enjoyment of it. It's really confidence inspiring looking through posts here and seeing people have the same problems as you, and seeing those people resolve them with wider support. The support here was a major factor in going with a 480 in the first place, and though I haven't actively participated much I've been a regular reader and have found it invaluable.

So, thanks everyone!

Gareth

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 pm

nice post mate. :D Some are good cars and some are evil. Glad it's going so well :D
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

bigdickbuster
480 Expert

Post by bigdickbuster » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:44 am

It's a brilliant car to own, and I've really enjoyed getting my hands dirty to prolong our enjoyment of it. It's really confidence inspiring looking through posts here and seeing people have the same problems as you, and seeing those people resolve them with wider support. The support here was a major factor in going with a 480 in the first place, and though I haven't actively participated much I've been a regular reader and have found it invaluable.
I think the same as you :)

Both the 480 and this forum are worth like gold :)
1986 480 ES, model year '87, 217 Red - Reliable mate
ex 1990 480 TURBO, model year '90, 231 Red Image This car was a mistake :D

Darkstar32
Started learning about 480

Post by Darkstar32 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:03 pm

I agree, i've only been a member a short while, but find the forum and its members Brilliant!!!!!

Rachel
480 Is my middle name

Post by Rachel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Group hug :D

It's nice to read a post like that....it is indeed a gr8 forum for a gr8 car ;)
'95 Storm Grey 323 Manual Turbo, Richmod
----------------------------------------------------------
'95 Flame Red Celeb, Nos.191, 2 litre, LPG, used to be Adams ;) SOLD
'95 Vase Green Turbo~ Vanessa~ 'Serendipity' manual, Richmod. RIP
'90 Light Blue 480 Turbo auto....RIP
'68 VW Type 3 1.6 auto Lotus White,Swedish import. SOLD
Audi 80 coupe Gold...pimp my ride! RIP
'76 Bug, Ocean Blue, lowered, Empi wheels.RIP
'72 Bay window VW Camper 1600 twinport. Sold

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I second all the nice comments!

Without the forum I could have spent hundreds trying to work out problems, but somewhere on here there is always someone who has had the same problem or is having the same problem and we always work through it!

The team spirit is nice as well...for example there have been several members on here (And you know who you are!) that have done me massive favours, and I hope I too have been able to help out others who were in need!

The forum has been the reason that I have put off selling Lula before, and it is certainly the reason why I will be getting another 480 as soon as I have more money!

Cheers all! ;)
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Captain Crunch
Started learning about 480

Post by Captain Crunch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 am

I could'nt agree more :!:
This forum (and the Swedish one) is to where I turn with my problems.
My garage (not Volvo :wink: ) only solves the things I don't have the guts or means to do myself, like cam belt replacement.
For the electrics, adjustments and fault analysis, I always trust the help of this forum.
Remember all, we ARE the forum :!:
What a gargantous resource we have, both tecnically and not least socially.

Warm greetings to us all :wave:
480's never die, they just transcend.
Jens Lumbye
Storfors, Sweden