The last chance...

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

The last chance...

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:16 am

Ok.

I have some of those stainless steel kickplates by Laserowl. I was going to get them backlit so when the door was open they glow. However, finding some EL Foil (electroluminescent foil) the size i need (which is 140mm x 36mm), is near on impossible. It can be done, but the cheapest quote i've had (because it's a one off size, it has to be done as a one off tooling job), is £90 for the initial tooling bit, then £45 for the foil.

So, does anybody know of anyone/place that does EL foil? I've scoured the net for months and still no feckin' joy. I really wanted to have them glowing, but it's looking a proper no-go at the minute. I've even sent fake emails pretending to be a student looking for some cut-off's as a donation or for a small fee which used to work, but alas!

It doesn't matter if not, just a shame if it can't be done. So if anybody dig's anything up, or know's anyone, let me know!

Dan
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Matthew Brennan
480 Rookie

Post by Matthew Brennan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:42 pm

Glow in the dark paint and a light bulb mounted in the bottom of the door, just above the sill plates.

Cost = £10.00
Effectiveness = Less than yer idea

;-)

OR

A blacklight bulb that goes on with the interiro light as u open door and some fluro-G-in-the-Dark paint!

;-)

OR

Take loads of mushrooms.

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:45 pm

Matthew Brennan wrote: OR

Take loads of mushrooms.
Yes, looking at it will be all very well, driving it may be slightly irresponsible. ;)

Unless of course Dan knows of a big empty field somewhere nearby.

Matthew Brennan
480 Rookie

Post by Matthew Brennan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:46 pm

VanDerGraaf wrote:
Matthew Brennan wrote: OR

Take loads of mushrooms.
Yes, looking at it will be all very well, driving it may be slightly irresponsible. ;)

Unless of course Dan knows of a big empty field somewhere nearby.
Yeah a mushroom field!! Heheehe, Hope you find what you want Dan!

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

Post by catgroom » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:46 pm

I took mushrooms once!

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry!!! :cryhard: .... :hopping: .. :D ... :shock:
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20