left headlight no dipped beam.

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

joe larue
480 Newbie

left headlight no dipped beam.

Post by joe larue » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:48 pm

Help please. When i turn on my headlamps only the right hand one comes on. both work ok on full beam no light in left one on dip. I've checked the bulb[left] seems fine, replaced with another still no left dip checked fuses and connections. anyone got any ideas please.

haz@nocturnal_development
480 Rookie

Post by haz@nocturnal_development » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:52 pm

there's only a few things to check and u've done the obvious.
how have you checked the bulbs?
have you swapped bulbs from each side,
check fuses,
check earths,
check wiring from switch to light,
check there's power from light switch.

haz :)
reanualt 5 campus, Volvo turbo conversion, hybrid T28, -31 actautor, external oil cooler, THS intercooler, rear radiator, large throttle, Adaptronic ECU, cossie blue injectors. results recorded '06 (21 psi 228bhp/229lbs),(23psi 12.6 @108mph)

G-Funk
480 Newbie

Post by G-Funk » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:46 pm

Hello. I just bought my first 480 and I have the exact same problem with my headlights as Joe.

The left hand one wasn't working when I bought it. So I've just changed the bulb. Now it works when the pop-ups are on but not at all when the pop-ups are down but the right hand one is really bright.

Just wondering if you managed to get your problem fixed Joe and what was the cause?

G-Funk
480 Newbie

Post by G-Funk » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:19 pm

I think I've figured out what the problem is now. The bulb holder on the left headlight is broken so the other filament isn't coming on.

Need to get a new bulb holder! :D

mac star
Started learning about 480

Post by mac star » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:21 am

I can top trump this,

Both my dips dont come on at all, my main beam is fine and my side lights are also fine

I have changed all the bulbs, and checked the wiring, didnt know about the relay but i guess that they should be fine cos of the main beam coming on

before the lights went completley the indicator used to make them flash on and off, and i had the correct bulbs in ?????

I am perplexed

can any one help with this, i am not online a lot anymore and would be greatful if some one could call me with a solution my number is 0771 678 0405

mac
You are as good as your last audience