Pop Ups Again....... Sorry.!!!!!!!!!

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

John G
480 Newbie

Pop Ups Again....... Sorry.!!!!!!!!!

Post by John G » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi Everyone....... Right, My pop ups basically don't.!!!!! I bought the car and they didn't work, The lights did but they don't pop up and down. I had them turned on and when I stopped the car they both popped up, they worked ok however when I tried again about 10 mins later and nothing. I've now wound them up manually. Two questions...... First..... Does me winding them up manually mean that they are now knackered forever?? My mate reckons that the relay is buggered, If you pull it out one of the lights moves up. If it is the relay do I have to do something to make them work again i.e is there some sort of reset procedure??? And the second question, One of the lights moves around on its mountings and the beam bounces around loads when I'm driving so how do I fix that one???

I'm really sorry and I know the pop up thing has been done to death but I'm really lost and any help would really be appreciated...... Cheers John G

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

Post by catgroom » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi John!

OK mate,I had this same problem recently.

It was the fuse for the day running light bulbs whioch had the teeniest crack in it.It fucked when changing the Day Running Light Bulbs.You need to change these too now,as a pair too!

If you can hear the relay clicking when you turn the rotary switch then its not the relay,thats the best way to tell.I have a relay though should you need to test it.AND,Im coming over your way in a week or so.

Steve :hopping:
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20

John G
480 Newbie

Post by John G » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:59 pm

I didn't know that the two were related.!!!!! I've got a cracked passenger side running light thingy and the bulbs are both blown. I've tried to get an indicator everywhere but I can't get one. Do ya think this could be my problem????? Cheers for the quick reply mate, I really appreciate it.

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:01 pm

for the light bouncing around take off the black shroud 2 screws one on left and one on right side of shroud and you will see the problem it is obvious especially if you manually move the headlamp around.can either be bodged or fixed with a replacement part.

Matthew Brennan
480 Rookie

Post by Matthew Brennan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:52 pm

John G wrote:I didn't know that the two were related.!!!!! I've got a cracked passenger side running light thingy and the bulbs are both blown. I've tried to get an indicator everywhere but I can't get one. Do ya think this could be my problem????? Cheers for the quick reply mate, I really appreciate it.
i also have a cracked passenger side drl. onlyb the drivers side popup works, the p/side popup does not puop up. The motor gets really hot, is this, because of the bulb or the motor?

Help me!